Firecore has announced the release of aTV Flash version 4.3 for the original Apple TV. Included are some new features, as well as a number of improvements to existing features and core components.
The new update includes File Sharing (SMB Server) that allows you to stream non-iTunes media stored on your Apple TV (including media stored on external drives) to other devices including a second Apple TV (silver or black) or a Mac/PC computer.
After installing the File Sharing package through the Maintenance –> Install Extras menu, the File Sharing option can be enabled through the Maintenance –> Settings menu.…read more
Technology is a wonderful thing, especially when two pieces of tech come together to either do something super cool or fix a problem in people’s lives. ‘Camera For Apple TV’ manages to do both, and we love it!
What ‘Camera For Apple TV’ does is quite simple yet amazing at the same time. After opening the app on your iPhone you’ll see the familiar camera view, with the screen showing you what the iPhone’s camera sees. What’s new is the equally familiar Airplay logo which, when stabbed with an eager finger, allows users to throw the video from their iPhones to the big screen using an Apple TV.…read more
aTV Flash (black), Firecore’s flagship product for the 2nd generation Apple TV, has been updated to Beta5. This time the developers’ main focus has been on building and improving the Media Player feature: according to Firecore, the Media Player has received a “big boost” in Beta5, but is still under heavy development with many more features and improvements still to come.
What’s new in Beta5?
- Added AppleTV 4.2.2 compatibility
- Improved installer routine
- Improved handling of failed installations
- Improved error handling
- Minor UI adjustments
- Added SMB streaming
- Added photo slideshows
- Added basic video playlists
- Added ‘Favorites’ section
- Added individual photo browsing and viewing
- Added support for ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/folder’ shares
- Added support for guest/anonymous NAS logins
- Added volumes list sorting
- Added option to disable metadata fetching
- Added option to hide file extensions
- Improved handling of HD video files
- Improved memory management
- Improved DVD file detection
- Improved remote share folder browsing (root folder issue)
- Improved Remote.app support
- Resolved artifact issues (green line near bottom of screen)
- Resolved rare crashes related to AFP streaming
- Resolved issues in share navigation resulting in incorrect ‘menu’ button handling
- Resolved issues resulting in incorrect video playback after rewinding on ‘fastest’ speed
- Resolved issues related to removing saved shares
- Resolved duplicate AFP share entries
- Resolved conflicts with XBMC
- Minor UI fixes
- Other miscellaneous fixes
Couch Surfer Pro
- Added HTML5 audio support (for sites like http://tv.tunein.com/)
- Added EyeTV streaming
- Improved web pages scrolling and layout handling
- Improved highlighting of large web elements
- Auto-complete history is now cleared when clearing history
- New SSL indicator
- Other minor bug fixes
- Added 5-day forecasts
- Added location search option
- Added automatic location detection (if no saved locations exist)
- Added day/night weather forecasts
- Added ‘Feels Like’ temperature info
- Minor UI fixes
- Added lightweight audio streaming player
- Improved memory management
What Firecore is still working on
- New lightweight audio/video player
- Additional codecs
- DVD chapter controls
- AC3/DTS (5.1 surround) sound
- Subtitle support
- Multiple audio track support
- Improved UI and file browsing
- Better memory management
Beta5 is available through the Downloads tab in your account.…read more
Apple released minor software update for Apple TV 2 – labeled 4.2.2 – which generally fixes some audio and video playback issues (see the full list of changes below). The IPSW name is still 4.3, but the build version changed from 8F202 to 8F305. @i0n1c has already updated Apple TV 2 kernel for his original 4.3.1 untether. NitoTV confirmed that the new untether works “beautifully”.
Apple TV Software Update 4.2.2 features:
- Audio: addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback: addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
*UPDATE* If you are having issues streaming TV Shows or Movies, it could be due to a server change that IceFilms is going through, there is a fix for this problem. Check out the IceFilms default.py fix post.
A new XBMC plugin has been released called IceFilms. This plugin will allow you to stream movies and TV shows from MegaUpload to your AppleTV using the XBMC player for your jailbroken AppleTV 2G. First jailbreak your ATV using our Seas0nPass 4.3 Tutorial then follow our XBMC AppleTV Tutorial to get XBMC installed on your ATV 2G. After you have done that, follow the tutorial below to install the IceFilms plugin.…read more
Here is the guide to untether jailbreak Apple TV2 iOS 4.3 with Seas0nPass.
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of iTunes 10.2.2.
- Download Seas0nPass: Mac [10.6 or later] | Windows [XP or later]
- A micro USB cable will be required to complete the jailbreak.
- Disconnect all iPods, iPhones, and iPads from the computer before running Seas0nPass.
Step 1: Unzip the ‘Seas0nPass.zip’ file and launch Seas0nPass.
Step 2: You will see a screen as below, select ‘Create IPSW’.
Step 3: The latest AppleTV software will be downloaded and used to create a custom ‘jailbroken’ software file.…read more