Here is the guide to untether jailbreak Apple TV2 iOS 4.3 with Seas0nPass.
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of iTunes 10.2.2.
- Download Seas0nPass: Mac [10.6 or later] | Windows [XP or later]
- A micro USB cable will be required to complete the jailbreak.
- Disconnect all iPods, iPhones, and iPads from the computer before running Seas0nPass.
Step 1: Unzip the ‘Seas0nPass.zip’ file and launch Seas0nPass.
Step 2: You will see a screen as below, select ‘Create IPSW’.
Step 3: The latest AppleTV software will be downloaded and used to create a custom ‘jailbroken’ software file.…read more
Firecore has updated Seas0nPass to support a tethered jailbreak of the new Apple TV 4.2 (iOS 4.3) software. Seas0nPass allows you to jailbreak your atv2 with the latest 4.2 software by creating custom Apple TV IPSW files and restoring them in iTunes (similar to the existing Pwnage Tool app). It also includes a simple ‘tethered boot’ option.
Seas0nPass is open source (the source code is available on Github) and is available for free. It’s Mac only (OSX 10.6 or later) for now but the Windows version should be released soon.
According to Firecore, aTV Flash (black) Beta3 is iOS 4.3 compatible “for the most part”.…read more
Seas0nPass has been updated to support a tethered jailbreak of the new AppleTV 4.2 (iOS 4.3) software. Big thanks to @nitoTV, @DjayB6, @p0sixninja and @msft_guy for help getting everything together.
What’s new in AppleTV 4.2? Should I update?
- AirPlay for apps and websites
- MLB.TV & NBA Game Time live streaming
- Netflix Dolby Digital 5.1
- Other minor improvements and fixes
If you choose to update to the new version you will lose your current jailbreak and aTV Flash (black) plugins.
If the above features don’t excite you the auto-update feature can be disabled through the Maintenance –> Settings menu.…read more
The first beta version of Seas0nPass for Windows has gone out to those who signed up for the Seas0nPass beta earlier this week. Barring any major setbacks, or show-stopping bugs we’re hoping to have a public version available next week.
aTV Flash (black) Beta3
Even though progress updates have been a little light as of late, we’ve been very busy since the release of Beta2. While most of the features we’ve been working tirelessly to complete aren’t quite ready for public consumption, the list below outlines the improvements that have been made available since the release of Beta2.
- Added one-click XBMC install
- Added support for iOS 4.3
- Improved installer to better handle iOS updates
- Improved installer error handling
- One-click diagnostic report submissions
Couch Surfer Pro
- Added support for touch and double-click events
- Improved web page rendering
- Improved web history; filtered duplicates
- Improved handling of video elements
- Eliminated ‘flickering’ during page loads
- Resolved issues with auto-completion
- Minor UI improvements
- Added support for Scrobbling 2.0
- Minor UI improvements
aTV Flash (black) Beta3 is available today.…read more
- Added support for standard PT bundles
- Added support for 4.1 – 4.2.1 iOS firmware
- Added tethered boot firmware selection
- Added optional Cydia SHSH blob caching
- Added optional public SSH RSA key install
- Improved iTunes restore script
Seas0nPass 0.6.7 for Mac
If you need help jailbreaking your Apple TV using Seas0nPass check out our Seas0nPass Tutorial…read more
I got in contact with James from FireCore about the problems our readers were having with HDMI output after using our Seas0nPass tutorial to jailbreak their AppleTVs. James responded and informed me that they have added a pair of updates over the past 2 days that has solved that issue. Please let us know if you run into any other issues in the comments section. Thanks!
Additionally, here are some tips for issues you may have after using the Seas0nPass jailbreak:
A few notes for those having trouble using Seas0nPass to JB the AppleTV.
1. Some users have reported issues with ‘wifi sync’ enabled.…read more